Friday, September 16, 2016

This Week in Running 9/4 - 9/10




DayMileage / WorkoutComments
Sunday17Long run
Monday4Easy -- just burning some calories
Tuesday8Desert run on the Border of Utah / Nevada
Wednesday7All easy
Thursday6Easy as well
FridayOff
Saturday13Race to the Angel
Total miles for the week: 55; YTD: 1595.5

Week's Summary


Well I got a nice load of running in this week.  While there wasn't a heavy emphasis on "quality", I did get a good amount of mileage in.  And that is good to get about 4 weeks from the Tahoe Marathon.

I also was saving my strength for the weekend's Race to the Angel.  That race needed a bit more "rest" time prior to doing but, I thought I had done well.  Also, looked at 2013's results, I am happy to report that I finished a few minutes faster.

I still need to drop a few pounds and that means I need to watch what I eat.  I've gotten into a bad habit of eating whatever I want with unlimited quantities.  I know I've said this before, but I need to dial back my portion sizes and quit hitting the work / break room for unlimited candies.


Desert Run


Since Monday was a holiday (Labor Day), I took Tuesday off and was in Wendover for a night of fun / gambling.  And of course, on Tuesday morning, I woke up early and ventured up Aria Drive and into the Utah side of the desert outside Wendover.  I love exploring but that morning I didn't want to go too far as I hadn't brought any supplies and I was still a little fatigued from Sunday's long run.

I did capture some beautiful pictures. One of these days I'll bring gels and more hydration and go even further.











Upcoming Races



10/09: Lake Tahoe Marathon Lake Tahoe CA / NV (Confirmed)
11/13: Las Vegas Marathon - Las Vegas, NV (Confirmed)
04/15: Salt Lake City Marathon - Salt Lake City, UT (Confirmed) (2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment